Kinda!Con Convention Rules
Badge? Check. Cosplay? Check. Monies? Check. All you need to do now is go over the rules! Please read all of our rules carefully. We mean it. Subscribe at the bottom for updates!
If any of these violations occur, Kinda!Con staff has the right to take action from a stern warning, to revocation of badge and expulsion from the event without refund. Examples of these violations are:
– Stealing Artwork
– Offensive or Inappropriate Clothing and/or Behavior
– Sexual Harassment
– Failure to adhere to basic hygiene
– Offensive Language
– Public Intoxication
– Failure to Follow rules or instructions of staff
If behaviors are problematic, Kinda!Con staff reserves the right to take action. Respect your fellow con-goers, and treat them as how you would want to be treated. We're here to have fun, remember?
Kinda!Con will not tolerate any harassment on the convention premises.
Harassment would include offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, and inappropriate/non-consensual sexual attention. Participants who are requested to stop any behavior are expected to do so immediately, otherwise action will be taken as deemed appropriate by the staffer.
If you feel harassed, or notice someone else feels harassed, staffers around the convention and at the registration desk will be available to address the issue.
First and foremost, Cosplay does NOT equal consent. Any inappropriate behavior toward cosplayers observed by Kinda!con staff will be met with action immediately.
Shoes/footwear are required at all times.
Rollerblades/Heelys are prohibited for obvious safety concerns
Masks worn by attendees should be easily removable on-request by staff.
This is a family friendly event - please be appropriate. There are like, children here!
Rules for Cosplay contest can be found here.
Smoking / Alcohol:
Please take smoking outside of the convention building, and please make sure that any lit cigarettes are completely put out after to eliminate fire hazard.
Alcohol and other food/drinks will not be permitted in the exhibition hall of the convention. Keep all drinking & eating to the designated areas of the Hotel bars, restaurants & lounges. Please be sure to drink responsibly, any guest under 21 years of age seen with an alcoholic beverage on Hotel/Con premises will have their badge revoked without refund.
– Ask permission before taking photographs.
– Make sure not to impede any hallway traffic flow.
– Respect privacy of guest and attendees if they do not want their picture taken.
-- No photographs may be taken of artwork in Artist Alley unless otherwise okay'd by artist
Weapons and Props:
– No live or steel weapons permitted on the convention premises
– No airsoft or pellet guns (Good alternatives would be solid-resin, non-moving part models)
– No explosive chemicals or fireworks
– Handle all props responsibly / NO BIG FRIGG'N SWORDS
– Misuse will result in being asked to remove the prop from the convention building.
– Any prop that results in safety issues or obstructs hall/doorways may not be allowed in the convention space.
– Ask for a staffer or a volunteer if you are unsure of anything.
– Signs must be a part of the costume, and must be appropriate and not offensive.
– Shoes must be worn at all times at the dance.
– No outside food/drink.
– No Backpacks/Bags
Artist Alley Policy:
Rules and regulations for artists can be found here.
Any Questions regarding Kinda!Con policies can be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or below in our submission page.
*These policies are currently subject to change over time until the convention. Kinda!con is NOT liable for any injuries that may occur at the event, lost or stolen items, or broken merchandise. By purchasing a ticket to our event you are agreeing to these terms and wave your right to legal action in the case of anything mentioned above. No refunds or exchanges permitted. Be safe, have fun, don't sue.