Kinda!Con Cosplay Contest Rules
2018 Cosplay Signups Below! Please read all rules thoroughly and fill out the form below. Yay!
Cosplay Contest is FREE per person to enter. One entry, one person, one costume. Contest runs Approx 45 minutes - 1 hour. Failure to follow the rules will result in disqualification. Most importantly - Have fun! Dorks in costume are the lifeblood of all cons. We can't wait to see your cosplay! & Remember kids: COSPLAY IS NOT CONSENT.
TWO CONTEST CATEGORIES:
Junior Dorks (Kids 13 & younger) SUNDAY 4/15 - 2:00-2:45 pm - MANHATTAN BALLROOM
Adult Dorks (Adults 14+) SATURDAY 4/14 - 4:30-5:30 pm - MANHATTAN BALLROOM
– All costumes should be at least 75% crafted by hand. (Wigs, accessories &/or altered clothing is ok!) Be prepared to explain your process! No store bought or commissioned costumes allowed. Please go all out - we are here to see your hard work.
– Bringing reference is encouraged! Our judges are well versed in geekdom lore, but it will give us a better visualization of who you are and what you made in comparison. Be ready to explain your character - and get sassy! We love to see poses and acting.
Speak Loudly & Clearly into the microphone & answer all judges' questions - we want to know what you're all about.
– Please fill out the form for our cosplay contest BEFORE April 10, 2018. Application will close and no more entries will be accepted. Check in for the contests will be at 15 minutes before each contest. Please be on time! Anyone who does not check in will not be allowed to participate.
- Contest will run about 45-50 min - (15-30 minutes for showcase/questions - 10 minutes for judge deliberation and prizes)
– This contest is a craftsmanship contest. You will be judged based on construction, accuracy, detail and creativity. Presence also helps!
- Be a good sport. Respect other cosplayers and compliment their hard work. cosplay is about COMMUNITY - not just competition.
Want to be a judge next year? Contact us! Send an email with your portfolio & some examples of your cosplay / judging work to
This Year's Cosplay Contest Judges :
Peep Last Year's Cosplay Contest Judges !
Joker's Little Girl